SEAMSA seeks to launch Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that cover relevant research areas in Southeast Asian Media Studies. The first eight (8) SIGs to be established are the following:
- Digital Culture
- Environment, Risk and Sustainability
- Health Communication
- Media and Democracy
- Media Industries and Cultural Production
- Media Literacy Education
- Popular Culture
- Southeast Asian Cinemas
An applicant who intends to head one of the SIGs above
- must be a SEAMSA member in good standing,
- must be an expert in the area of the chosen SIG,
- will hold the position for two years, from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2024, with a possible extension of two more years based on mutual agreement,
- will coordinate with SEAMSA’s Events Director to organize at least one webinar in 2023 and/or 2024,
- will coordinate with SEAMSA’s Conference Organizing Committee to organize one panel in the annual conferences 2023 and 2024,
- will regularly engage with SEAMSA members who join the SIG,
- will report to the Executive Council.
- Letter of acknowledgement and appreciation
- Gaining leadership experience
- Networking opportunities with SEAMSA members
Interested applicants send a short CV as well as a short letter of intent – including the SIG they want to head – to the Executive Director, Alexander J. Klemm, at email@example.com, with CC to the Secretary, Alonzo dela Cruz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 20 November 2022. Updated on 21.11.2022, new deadline: 22 December 2022.